Діагностика

Діагностика

Діагностика

Діагностика

Діагностика

Діагностика

Поліклініка

Поліклініка

Поліклініка

Поліклініка

Поліклініка

Поліклініка

Поліклініка

Поліклініка

Поліклініка

В полях

В полях

В полях

Терапія

Терапевтичний цикл

Терапія

Терапія

Терапевтичний цикл

Терапія

Хірургія

Хірургічний цикл

Хірургія

Хірургія

Хірургічний цикл

Хірургія

Vmkczr01en

Vmkczr02en

 

SobeskiThe Military Medical Clinical Center of the Western Region (MMCC WR) is the evolution of the Medical Institute that dates as far back as the 16th century.

The old city of Lviv was surrounded by an oak forest. It is told that a giant oak tree along Hlynianska road (nowadays Lychakivska Street) split open creating a niche where the residents placed an icon of the martyr Saint Lavrentiy. Residents prayed to the icon and it soon became well known throughout the region as people observed miraculous healings. Tuberculosis sufferers were a common presence as they prayed for recovery. When the tree finally fell, a wooden chapel was constructed from it to house the the icon of St. Laventriy in 1536.

By 1616 the modest church of St. Levrentiy and Stefaniy had been built to replace the small wooden chapel. The church was cared by guilders of pottery, string and rope makers and church authorities. The church, known for its curative power, prompted the nearby construction of a small wooden hospital and cross.
On February 19, 1659, Jan Sobieski, the future monarch of Poland, officially appointed the church to tend and treat soldiers. During this period, the medical treatment of soldiers was undertaken by monks. Sobieski, who was born in Olesko in Lviv Oblast, appropriated thirty thousand zlotys (Polish currency at the time) to erect a brick hospital for veteran soldiers. He dispensed the income from the village of Bludiv, three buildings in Krakivska street and several plots of land to the monastery to maintain the hospital. The city council, archbishop Jan Tarnowski and the chapter of the Latin Cathedral contributed funds towards the construction of the Brothers Hospitallers Monastery near the hospital.
Construction of a new stone Cathedral and hospital began in earnest with the funding of Jan Sobieski.The work was thwartedold1 by the Turkish invasion in 1672. The invading army attacked the city’s fortifications from the side of the present Lychakivska street severely damaging the buildings under construction. Rebuilding resumed in 1688 after a protracted victory over the Turks in the battle of Vienna led by the Polish king Jan Sobieski III commanding mostly fierce Ukrainian Kozacks. Father Kazimiers Humnevichhe, the king’s trustee, supervised the new construction. The new plans were designed by the royal engineer Charles Benoit and Captain Adolf Bay from Gdansk. The sum of one hundred thousand zlotys were spent on the construction of the Cathedral and hospital with a new monastery building added to the old Cathedral. The decorative stone work was performed by the court masters. Jan Sobieski III personally oversaw the work to its near completion.
The construction of the hospital complex was completed late in 1696 and it has served soldiers continuously for over three hundred years. The hospital’s patron, Jan Sobieski, was not destined to see its completion as he died on June 17 of the same year. Adorning the main entrance, the Cathedral bears the coat of arms of Sobieski in his memory and gratitude. The hospital bustled with activity in the 18th century as Poland engaged in numerous wars. Soldiers were treated in the facilities within the Monastery by the Brothers Hospitallers.
SN850607In 1772, after the first division of Poland several Ukrainian regions together with Lviv became part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. The Austrian authorities took over the hospital and the Brothers Hospitallers were to be dispatched to the Piarists Monastery to run the local hospital there, however, within two years, the order of the Brothers Hospitallers was dismissed by the Emperor Joseph II as not being socially essential. The new empire brought advance medical practices and new organizational structure. After the reforms within military ranks the Empire was subdivided into military districts, each with its own army corps. Army Corps II was situated in Lviv. The hospital was renamed the “14th Garrison Hospital in Lviv” and was headed by the “Oberstabsarzt” (chief medical doctor). The principal duties of the hospital’s medical unit # 14 (which was situated o the territory of the hospital) was to provide triage in the battlefield and to evacuate wounded soldiers to the hospital. The medical unit was commanded by a medical doctor of the rank of captain who reported to the Oberstabsarzt.
With the outbreak of World War I in 1914, the hospital’s operations intensified in response to the large number of casualties outside Lviv . The hospital for the Deaf, the school of St. Anthony, the monastery of St. Mary and other nearby buildings were utilized to treat and house the wounded as the hospital lacked places to house all in need.
The hospital turned to the treatment of Russian soldiers after the Russian army occupied the city. After the Russians retreated, the hospital returned to provide medical attention to Austrian soldiers, the majority of whom were Ukrainians. Ukrainians were not only among the wounded but as well served in the Austro-Hungarian Army. Most notable among them was General Yaroslav Okunevskyi who held the highest office as the head of the medical service in the Austro-Hungarian Navy General Staff. old5
After the revolt on November 1, 1918 the Western Ukrainian People’s Republic was proclaimed. The ensuing battles with Poland maintained the hospital busy with wounded soldiers. Lviv was taken by Poland and the Polish military turned the hospital into the Military-Medical Institution of the 6th Corps District.
From 1928 through 1931, several additional buildings were built on Slovinskyi and Bonifrats streets.
In 1939, with the outbreak of World War II, wounded soldiers were treated at the hospital. After Western Ukraine became part of the Soviet Ukrainian Republic, the hospital was turned into a Soviet Military Hospital which was evacuated in June 1941.
The present-day Military Hospital appeared in Lviv in October 1939 with several surgery units. Lviv Military Hospital №2344 was created with a capacity of six hundred beds. On June 28, 1941 the hospital was evacuated and the staff dispersed to work farther inland. During the evacuation of the hospital, the staff and doctors provided those in need with the necessary medical aid in Zolochiv, Ternopil, Kyiv, Okhtyrka and Kharkiv.
old2In October 1941 the hospital relocated to the city of Kemerovo in Russia where it received its surgical accreditation. In 1943 the hospital moved to Borovychi city in Russia where it became part of the first Volkhovsky Front. The hospital was moved once again in the same year to Porkhov as part of the Baltic Front. old3
In September of 1944 the hospital returned to Lviv with a capacity of eight hundred beds. In the postwar period the personnel of the hospital sought new ways of improving professional skills and modernizing approaches to treatment. 
The War of Afghanistan deeply impacted the hospital. Seventy four soldiers wounded in the Afghan inferno were treated at the hospital. Today, seven veterans of that war carry their military duties or work in the MMCC WR.
The Chernobyl nuclear accident marrs a painful memory in our social consciousness. On April 26, 1986, the disaster happened to the Polissia territory. Three hundred and six soldiers were treated for exposure at the hospital. Twenty six hospital staff members were dispatched to Polissia to contain the disaster. Today, fifteen staff members who served at the site work at the MMCC WR.
The Military Medical Clinical Center of the Western Region is decreed in accordance with the directive of the Minister of Defense of Ukraine effective December 1, 2006 №D-322/1/*14 on the basis of the Central Military Clinical Hospital # 1120. The main structural divisions of the hospital are: the surgical and medical division, the medical center, fifteen therapeutic and diagnostic medical centers and two separate departments, and supply divisions.

A military mobile hospital was created concurrently and started functioning on the Yavoriv military firing ground.
The official launching ceremony of the MMCC WR and the Mobile hospital took place on May 15, 2007. The Minister of Defense of Ukraine, A.S. Hrytsenko, the Minister of Healthcare of Ukraine, Yu. O. Haidayiev, the head of the Department of Healthcare of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, P.S. Melnyk, the Head of the Western Operational Command, Lieutenant General M.M. Kutsyn and other authorities were in attendance.
yavoriv-grytseIn celebration of the MMCC WR’s inauguration, the Minister of Defense of Ukraine, A.S. Hrytsenko, presented an emergency services vehicle to the personnel.
The creation of the Military Medical Clinical Center of the Western Region is a new step towards reforming the medical services of the Armed forces of Ukraine. The goals are to reform and improve the military medical system through organization and implementation by territory.
The Military Medical Clinical Center of the Western Region provides services to the following seven regions of Western Ukraine: Volyn, Rivne, Lviv, Ternopil, Ivano-Frankivsk, Chernivtsi and Transcarpathian.
The MMCC WR comprises of the Mobile Military Hospital, Rivne Garrison Military Hospital, Chernivtsi Military Hospital, Mukachevo Military Hospital, Lutsk Military Hospital and Ivano-Frankivsk Military Clinic (in-patient care).
The MMCC WR also has brigade medical units and approximately fifty medical centers with field hospitals alongside the military units. Each military hospital is assigned a specific region to facilitate skilled and specialized medical aid to the wounded efficiently and expediently.

 


   


   

 

     


   


 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

Відео

79010,
City of Lviv,
26 Lychakivska Str.,

Telephone switchboard number – (032) 275-95-00
Telephone of the Admissions Department – (032) 275-57-85
Tel./fax – (032) 275-57-95

e-mail:  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.